Best Dialysis Center in Dhaka
Best Dialysis Center in Dhaka.
If you have been diagnosed with kidney disease and doctors have suggested you undergo dialysis treatment, then you must visit the best dialysis center in Dhaka so that you can find a center that can cater to your needs and is suitable for your regular visit.
For Haemodialysis, why United Hospital should be chosen?
United Hospital Haemodialysis facility is available for 24 hours. Here, routine Haemodialysis is conducted in a dialysis outpatient facility, which is a purpose built dedicated area of the hospital. For those who are admitted, in-patient dialysis facility is also available at bed side. Treatments of dialysis center in United Hospital, Dhaka are initiated and managed by specially trained and skilled doctors, nurses and technicians.
Haemodialysis: It is a process in which an artificial kidney machine is used and blood is pumped out of an individual’s body into this machine. Further, the blood is sent back to the same body with the help of tubes that are connected to this machine.
Haemodiafiltration (HDF): Haemodiafiltration is a blood purification method that incorporates a convective, adsorptive-type driving force (with a specially designed filter for more solute removal) in addition to diffusional type. The transmembrane pressure (maintained by a suction pump) causes patient’s plasma to flow across the membrane, pulling large-molecular-weight uremic toxins across the membrane as well. HDF requires the addition of a purified or sterile substitution fluid to be infused back (pre- or post-dialysate) into the blood (via a pump connected to the external dialysate circuit) to replace the outflowing uremic plasma water.
CYTOSORB Therapy: The CytoSorb therapy is an adjunctive therapy. The principles of causal and supportive therapy, such as dealing with the focal source and early anti-infective therapy, of course, retain their outstanding importance even under CytoSorb therapy. While these are primarily intended to treat the infection, CytoSorb was developed to modulate the excess immune response and thereby contribute to circulatory stabilization and increase the chance of recovery.
The use of CytoSorb therapy has the following primary goals:
- Improvement of hemodynamics with significant reduction in catecholamine requirements
- Reduction in capillary leak syndrome with reversal of the fluid balance
- Reduce the excess plasma levels of a variety of inflammatory mediators (including pathogen associated molecular patterns PAMPS and damage associated molecular patterns DAMPs)
- Treatment or mitigation of secondary organ failure
SEPARATE COVID DIALYSIS FACILITY
COVID positive patients are dialyzed in separate earmarked area with dedicated machine and dedicated staff at a different level of the hospital. Dialyzing patients, suspected or confirmed for having COVID-19, along with the staff caring for them, are grouped in the same unit. Hemodiafiltration (HDF) and Continued Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) are available for COVID patients as well.
During the pandemic shutdown, many who were on dialysis and who also contracted COVID-19 were denied dialysis treatment because of non-availability of service or inadequate caregivers at many hospitals; however United Hospital did not stop providing dialysis service for a single day even then.
At United Hospital Dialysis Center, being a COVID-safe facility, those with no symptoms should be able to go for regular scheduled treatments. If one has a confirmed case of COVID-19, or has symptoms of COVID-19, or believes he may have been exposed to the coronavirus, then a call to dialysis center prior to scheduled appointment is advised, to let them decide where and when the next dialysis should be scheduled.
Choosing a kidney dialysis center in Dhaka for yourself or your loved ones is a crucial decision. Our dialysis center is housed with specialists and skilled nurses provide patients with comprehensive care which are going to let you chose the best dialysis center in Dhaka. These are what made United Hospital one of the best dialysis centers in Dhaka
· 48 Haemodialysis machines in-house
· 24-hour emergency dialysis services
· 3 CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy) dialysis machines
· 4 SLED (Sustained Low-Efficiency Daily Diafiltration) machines – for slow dialysis at slower rate for critically ill patients
· Pre-emptive kidney transplantation evaluation
· Educational programs for dialysis patients and their families
Ensuring safety protocol for Dialysis during COVID
To protect dialysis patients from the coronavirus, United Hospital Dialysis Center follows internationally accepted protocols. Taking temperatures at check-in to check for fever and using questionnaires for asking patients and their attendants who may have had contact with someone who is being checked for COVID-19 or who have symptoms of COVID-19, are routinely done at its dialysis center. All the patients and their attendants mandatorily need to wear masks there. The caregivers at all point attend the patients with protective safety gears. Signs are put at the entrance to let patients know, they should tell the staff if they have respiratory symptoms. Information are given to brief patients and attendants about hand hygiene (how to keep hands clean) and other ways to stay safe; anyone with signs or symptoms of infection are not allowed to enter the dialysis center.
Patients are always briefed to call ahead to report dialysis center if they experience any COVID like respiratory or other symptoms so they can be given necessary advice by caregivers. Triaging is done to keep COVID suspect patients who may have the disease, away from others who don't. This means a patient with COVID like respiratory or other symptoms will be dialyzed at a bed at the farthest corner of the center, six feet away in all directions from healthy patients. The linen, bed sheet, towel, quilt and pillows of that bed are sterilized and cleaned in segregated separate laundry area.
DOORSTEP RENAL CARE PACKAGE: 11 tests at BDT 3950
RENAL CARE PACKAGE
• Renal Function Test
- Serum Creatinine
- Serum Urea
- Serum Uric Acid
- e-GFR (patient above 18 years of age)
• Serum Calcium
• Serum Electrolytes
- Sodium (Na)
- Potassium (K)
- Chloride (Cl)
- Bicarbonate (HCO3)
• Urine R/E
*Price inclusive of Home Sample collection charge
• Screening Check-up: For those who have family history of
chronic kidney diseases
• Periodic Check-up: For those who are suffering from chronic kidney diseases
For Haemodialysis, why United Hospital should be chosen?
United Hospital Haemodialysis facility is available for 24 hours. Here, routine Haemodialysis is conducted in a dialysis outpatient facility, which is a purpose built dedicated area of the hospital. For those who are admitted, in-patient dialysis facility is also available at bed side. Dialysis treatments in United Hospital are initiated and managed by specially trained and skilled doctors, nurses and technicians.
1) Haemodialysis is a complicated procedure and requires that care givers have more knowledge; this is not found in most of the Dialysis centers of the city. United Hospital Dialysis United is under 24/7 coverage by skilled and trained doctors; qualified and trained nurses for 24 hours
2) Haemodialysis requires high quality water for blood purification, United Hospital has international standard water treatment facility through regularly maintained RO (reverse osmosis) plant
3) Haemodialysis requires uninterrupted electricity support; United Hospital through its own power generating plant maintains non-stop non-fluctuating power supply
4) In United Hospital, each and every patient has dialysis with a onetime dialyzer, which means the filter used for purification of blood is for one patient one time.
5) Since Haemodialysis patients come with many complications, if any of them face sudden emergency during dialysis like cardiac arrest etc, United Hospital Dialysis Unit has defibrillator machine ready at hand to revive them; and patient can be shifted to critical care units if required
6) Haemodialysis patients need to have some blood tests at an interval; the 24/7 Laboratory at next door to United Hospital Dialysis Unit provides hassle-free convenience for the patients, so the patients can have their blood reports delivered to them soon after dialysis
7) Stringent infection control is essential for Haemodialysis, as any infection might get serious and lead to sepsis. United Hospital maintains strict infection control policy and protocols