Medical Records is systemic documentation of a patient’s medical history and care. It contains necessary data in sequence in order to justify the diagnosis, treatment and outcome correctly and effectively.
We intend to maintain Electronic Health Records (EHR) and hard copy format in parallel with Computerized Provider Order Entry.
Medical Records Department is responsible for maintaining, storing and smooth flow of patient medical records in a standardize and professional manner in order to protect patient confidentiality to promote authentic patient care.
Birth certificate/duplicate birth certificate, duplicate/amended death certificate, fitness certificate/medical certificate, duplicate /Xerox copy of investigations (radiological and pathological), prescriptions for OPD patient and for IPD patient discharge summary are generally provided from medical records department as well as all kinds of insurance claim forms are also processed by medical records department as per the protocol of UHL. Some charges to be paid at accounts department for different kind of documents, these are
• Filling of insurance claims form BDT 1000
• Medical Certificate or Fitness Certificate BDT 2000
• Duplicate Birth Certificate BDT 500
• Duplicate/amended death certificate BDT 1500
• Duplicate copy of investigation/Xerox copy of investigations with OPD Prescription (Radiological and Pathological) BDT 500
• IPD (Inpatient Documents-Discharge Summary and investigations BDT 500
• Name amendment BDT 200