Dr. Reyan Anis, MRCP, one of the most renowned cardiologists of the country has joined United Hospital of the capital, where she is now seeing patients full time and performing cardiac procedures at Cath Lab.
After graduating from Dhaka Medical College in 1985, Dr. Anis worked for just over a year at CMH in Dhaka before moving abroad. She completed a program in Internal Medicine from Edinburgh Postgraduate Institute of Medicine in the United Kingdom in 1989 before joining Scotland's Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh as a clinical trainee where she worked until obtaining her MRCP in 1991.
In 1992 she returned to Bangladesh to begin her clinical fellowship in Cardiology at NICVD and upon completion joined the Cardiology department of BIRDEM in the middle of 1994. From 1995 to 1997 Dr. Anis practiced at Kings College Hospital of London in United Kingdom before returning to BIRDEM to serve as Associate Professor of Cardiology. Dr. Anis remained at BIRDEM until 2001 when she joined the DAB Cardiac Center, where she played a crucial role in establishing their CCU and Cath lab facilities in 2002 and spent a year there as their Cardiology Consultant. Dr. Anis practiced at ZH Sikder Women's Medical College & Hospital from 2003 to 2004 as a Senior Cardiology Consultant before joining Lab Aid Cardiac Hospital in 2004.
In 2010, Dr. Reyan Anis was awarded a prestigious FRCP from the Royal College of Physicians, London.
In addition to being nominated as United Nation's Examination Physician for Bangladesh, Dr. Anis has also published articles as a contributing author in numerous renowned cardiac journals and has participated in many prestigious seminars both at home and abroad.
Before joining United Hospital, she served as Senior Consultant and Interventional Cardiologist at Lab Aid Cardiac Hospital for 14 years, establishing herself as one of the finest medical practitioners in the country.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of London, FRCP, 2010
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians, MRCP (UK), 1991
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, MBBS, Dhaka Medical College, Dhaka University, Bangladesh, 1985.
- Senior Consultant & Interventional Cardiologist (Lab Aid Cardiac Hospital), Dhaka September 2004 to 31 May 2018
- Senior Consultant Cardiologist (Z.H Sikder Woman’s College and Hospital), Dhaka August 2003 till August 2004
- Associate Professor / Consultant Cardiologist (DAB Cardiac Centre), June 2002 to July 2003
- Associate Professor / Consultant Cardiologist (BIRDEM), Dhaka December 2001 to June 2002
- Assistant Professor / Junior Consultant Cardiologist, BIRDEM, Dhaka August 1994 to November 2001
- Clinical Fellowship, Cardiology NICVD, Dhaka February 1992 to February 1993
- Medical Registrar, Royal Infirmary Edinburgh, Scotland, UK May to October 1991
- Clinical Trainee, Royal Infirmary Edinburgh, Scotland, UK February to April 1991
- Senior Medical Officer, Combined Military Hospital (CMH) June 1988 to December 1988
- Junior Medical Officer, Combined Military Hospital (CMH) June 1988 to December 1988
- Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH)
- Combined Military Hospital (CMH)
- Royal Infirmary Edinburgh (RIE)
- National Institute of Cardiovascular Disease (NICVD)
- King College Hospital, London
SPECIALISATION/FIELD OF WORK