American Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of London, FRCP, May 1998
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians, FACP, January 1998
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, FRCP (Edin), March 1997
- Board Certification in the Subspecialty of Infectious Diseases, American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), USA, 1994
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine, ABIM, USA, 1992
- Federal Licensing Examinations (FLEX), USA, 1990
- Foreign Medical Graduates Examinations (FMGEMS), USA, 1989
- Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination, 1989
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians, MRCP (UK), 1988
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, MBBS, Dhaka Medical College, Dhaka University, Bangladesh, November 1982.
State of Maryland, USA. Eligible for medical licensure in all the States in USA
Eligible for medical licensure and direct registration in Singapore, Australia and Canada.
- Principal Bangladesh Medical College (BMC) May 2012 to December 2017
- Professor of Medicine, 2001
- Examiner in Medicine, MBBS and postgraduate examinations of Dhaka University 1997 to current. Convenor in Medicine for the Final Professional Examinations at BMC since 2002.
- International Adviser Royal College of Physicians of London, January 2000 to 2015
- Member of the Editorial Board of Logical Images, published from USA (www.logicalimages.com)
- Principal (Acting) Bangladesh Medical College (BMC) February 2011 to May 2012
- Head of the Department of Medicine, BMC 2002 to May 2013
- Vice Principal BMC 2002 to February 2011
- Adviser World Health Organisation, South East Asia Regional Office, New Delhi, 2001-2002 (P5 Level)
- Director Medical Education Centre, BMC, November 1996 to February 2011
- Associate Professor of Medicine, BMC, April 1996 to May 2001
July 1992 to June 1995. Instructor and Fellow, Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Strong Memorial Hospital, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA.
June 1989 to June 1992. Georgetown University-VA Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA.
SPECIALISATION/FIELD OF WORK
Medicine and Infectious Diseases